Application Composer Seminar
Wolfgang Rihm composer and supervisor
Dieter Ammann, Peter Eötvös, Fritz Hauser composers
Saturday, 18 August – Monday, 3 September 2018
Arrival Day: Saturday, 18 August 2018
Departure Day: Monday, 3 September 2018
This two-week-long composer seminar supervised by Wolfgang Rihm enables a more intense dialogue between young composers and international young performers. Wolfgang Rihm invites 2018 several composers to join him to discuss new scores and recordings by upcoming young composers, to give individual one-to-one lessons, and to supervise rehearsals. The composers will be joined by an international ensemble of LUCERNE FESTIVAL ALUMNI to prepare the compositions for a final performance.
Profile of Participants
– Advanced composer students and professional composers
– Age limit: 32
– Course language: German and English
Documents to be submitted (all documents can be submitted online except the scores)
– Application form (online)
– Two or three solo, chamber music or small ensemble works, along with a recording of the works (if possible). Please also upload the recording of your work online. Works for orchestra can also be considered for the application process and the seminar, but of course not for rehearsals and the final performance with the ensemble.
– Curriculum vitae in German or English in tabular format (maximum two pages)
– Please upload the scores as pdf online and send one printed copy to the following address (no CDs):
Ensemble of the LUCERNE FESTIVAL ALUMNI
Composers will have the opportunity to work with an international ensemble of LUCERNE FESTIVAL ALUMNI, all of whom are former participants in the LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY.
1 flute, 1 oboe, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 1 horn, 1 tuba, 2 percussionists, 2 pianos, 1 harp, 2 cimbaloms, 1 double bass
(flute: also piccolo/alto/bass flute; oboe: also english horn; clarinet: also B-flat/E-flat/bass clarinet; bassoon: also contrabassoon).
The maximum size of the ensemble for new compositions will be nine musicians.
The instrumentation will be announced at a later date.
Monday, 15 January 2018
The results of the selections will be announced by middle of February 2018. There is no right of legal appeal. No correspondence will be conducted regarding the decisions.
Please be aware that all scores must arrive in Lucerne no later than Monday 15 January 2018.
There is no fee for active participation.
The LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY will cover the travel expenses for each active participant.
LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY will arrange and cover the costs of accommodation for each active participant.
Each active participant will receive a per diem for meals.
Each participant must provide his/her own scores.
Apply now here!
Monday, 15 January 2018
For further information, please contact our website: www.academy.lucernefestival.ch
LUCERNE FESTIVAL ACADEMY
Hirschmattstrasse 13 | Postfach | CH-6002 Luzern
t +41 (0)41 226 44 25 | f +41 (0)41 226 44 60